General Contest Rules
(rev January 16, 2018)
A complete copy of these rules can be obtained at the offices of Max Media of Hampton Roads: WGH-AM/FM, WVBW-FM, WVHT-FM and WVSP-FM, 5589 Greenwich Rd., Suite 200, Virginia Beach, VA. 23462, during normal business hours Monday through Friday or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the above address.
- No purchase is necessary.
- All contestants must be 18 years of age or older to win unless otherwise stated.
- All contests are open to the general public except for employees, agents, subsidiaries and affiliates of MAX MEDIA OF HAMPTON ROADS, participating sponsors, their immediate families, and household members.
- An individual may participate in this on-air contest only once for the life of the promotion.
- An individual may win/qualify other seasonal or one-time contests only once for the duration of the contest.
- Consolation prizes may vary depending on availability of prizes.
- All State, Local, Federal and or other taxes, duties, tariffs, title fees, licensing fees, or other fees for prizes awarded become the sole responsibility of the winner. All those who win a prize or accumulate prizes to value over $600 will be issued an IRS form 1099 to report their winnings. All cash winners will need to fill out Affidavit of Eligibility and Release.
- Any individual, who wins a prize valued over $500, is ineligible to win a contest through MAX MEDIA OF HAMPTON ROADS for 6 months.
- All prizes are awarded “as is.” Prizes are nontransferable, nonrefundable and cannot be exchanged.
- The station shall not be responsible for the failure of participating sponsors to deliver prizes as promised. Once winners are drawn, prize claims, improper working prizes, etc. must be handled between prize winner and client.
- The Station is not responsible for telephone service outages, delays, busy signals, equipment malfunctions and any other technological difficulties that may prevent an individual from completing his/her telephone call. Due to delays on its on-line streaming of its broadcast signal, listeners to the online stream may not be able to participate in or maybe at a disadvantage in participating on this on air contest.
- All entrants and winners agree that the station, MAX MEDIA OF HAMPTON ROADS, and their affiliates shall have no liability and shall be held blameless for any injury, misfortune, or damage to either persons or property insured by entering, participating in, winning, or losing any contest by use or non-use of any prize received.
- All general prizes must be claimed in person at the station during regular business hours and within 30 days of winning, excluding holidays. After such time, ownership of said prize reverts back to the station to be disposed of at their discretion. The winner then loses all claims and rights to said prize.
- All prizes with specific dates (concerts, premieres, etc.) or expiration dates, must be picked up by close of business on the business day closest to the expiration date.
- Proper identification must be presented to claim prize.
- All entry blanks, forms devices and materials, as well as all the information contained on or within, gathered during the course of entry, shall become the sole property of the station to be used, disposed of or destroyed at the discretion of the station.
- All entrants and winners agree that the station may broadcast or publish their name, city of residence, photo, video tape, film or any other likeness, including their voice, recorded or live, for any reason the station deems necessary without compensation. All entrants further agree to hold the station blameless and without liability for such publication, broadcast or use.
- The station reserves the right to end or change a contest at any time without any advanced notice to the public
- In the event of a tie, one winner will be chosen out of all qualified entries.
- The station reserves the right to limit the number of times an individual may enter a contest or drawing.
- Only one member per family, per household may qualify for the contest.
- Violations of any of these rules or attempts to win any contest by fraud, deception, or cheating shall be grounds for the station to disqualify that individual from participating in all current and future contests and events at the sole discretion of the station, as well as forfeiture of any prize or prizes won by fraudulent means.
- Apple is not a sponsor of our contests or sweepstakes.