Max Media of Hampton Roads is currently looking for part-time Fill-In Board Operators. Performs activities in the radio studio and control room to ensure technical quality of sound for programs originating in the studio, from syndications, or from remote pickup points.
- Must be comfortable with computers and using web-based applications.
- Attention to detail is critical.
- Ability to identify problems quickly and take appropriate action.
- Previous radio experience, podcast experience or automation experience is a plus.
Must be available for weekends and evening shifts. Must have reliable transportation.
If you are a person who meets the above criteria, please send resumes to [email protected]
Max Media of Hampton Roads is an equal opportunity employer.
Location: Norfolk/Hampton Roads
Responsible for the operation and quality of studio sound equipment during live programs. Operates equipment to record, edit, synchronize, mix, and reproduce recordings. Taking direction from producers, talent, and directors, participates in the creation of the sound image for assigned programs. Incumbents of this position may be assigned to more than one program and perform slightly different functions across programs/channels.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operates board, ensuring the board profile is set properly, managing channels and program selections, and normalizing the board after programming is finished.
- Ensures that on-air product is up to broadcast standards before it leaves the studios.
- Works with producers and talent on following programming clocks to ensure that all content and advertisements are featured as planned.
- Manages remote broadcasts and ISDN connections.
- Records and edits show promos.
- Works with producers and hosts on marathon shows, recording segments for these programs.
- Records live shows and ensures the audio is stored and distributed properly.
- Chooses and plays audio clips during live programs that enhance or complement the topic (includes choosing sound effects).
- Troubleshoots when there are broadcast issues both before and during live broadcasts, including technical problems and malfunctions and following up with manager after such incidents.
- Puts listener calls through to on-air talent and ends calls.
- Provides cues and support to talent to facilitate with program continuity.
- May provide hosts with news updates and breaking stories, on occasion.
- Swipes and/or approves shows for On Demand.
- Takes program log notes during shows to record topics, guests, and information for future use in imaging, replays, etc.
- Keeps an ongoing list of listener testimonials and show clips relevant for imaging.
- Manages PDT to keep radio and Internet screens updated on current show topics.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- At least 2 years of experience producing and running an audio board.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and multi-task.
- Strong knowledge of various programming genres.
- Interest and knowledge of pop culture and current events.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to work flexible work hours.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Previous use of Computer software and equipment
- Proficiency in ISDN operation.
- Operating studio sound equipment.
- Mixing sound elements into a professional sounding product.
Max Media of Hampton Roads is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, pregnancy, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.